Tuesday, March 17, 2009

2nd Try

So I went to an OMS, Dr. P within my network today. This was at the UCSF hospital which is a teaching facility. The surgeon didn't really do much. He walked in didn't say hello or introduce himself, even though this was the first time I'd seen him. He started talking to the observing students. I tried to interject and offer up some useful information but he continued to cut me off. When I was able to get a word in I let the surgeon know that I had an approval for the same reason I was there and I was seeing him because I wanted to stay within my network. He got on me and said that this was information that I needed to share with him right away. I was a little taken back as he didn't really even talk to me or want to hear what I was trying to say earlier. Moving forward from that point the resident surgeon, Dr. J took over. He did all photos and measurements.

Even thought Dr. P was distant and possibly insulting I like the fact that his experience plus the eyes of many students is what I would be getting. Students work really had to impress their professors. The surgery would be completed by the Dr. P and not a student.
I have a followup appointment April 23, 2009. This whole process is taking a really long time.

On another note, I called the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) about my insurance company not suppling the benefit booklet so I find out what the allowable maximum would be for my treatement. TDI was not that helpful over the phone. All they said is that I should file a complaint which would take 4-6 weeks before I got any results. I did file a complaint. Now I just have to sit and wait for their reply. I feel kind of like a rat/ whistle blow. I know that I should not feel that way but I do. I also feel ripped off because I have to spend a lot time that could be spend on other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment