Sunday, July 26, 2009

Time off work

How much time should I expect to take off work for each of the following?
- I am tentatively having rapid palatal expansion September 14
- and in about 1.5 years I will have upper jaw surgery (one cut to move my entire upper jaw down)

I am a project engineer and my current projects are both in construction. They will be in construction until the end of 2009. The engineer that I keep in the loop has planned his vacation for the last week of September until the 2nd week of October. This is my dilemma. I know the project will go on without me but unexpected challenges always arise when I am not in the office. I also feel that these projects are my babies and I don't want to leave then with just anyone.

Also my 1st wedding anniversary is Oct 1 this year and I would like to be able to enjoy it.

Thanks for your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paulette, I had the pallet expansion when I was a child and my daughter had it a couple of years ago. I don't think you will miss much work with this. My daughter had hers put on and we left for the beach the next day. She did have pain in her mouth, but not unbearable. The upper jaw will take you away from work for about 3 to 4 weeks. I had upper, lower, palate split, and sinus surgery all at the same time, (8 hours of surgery) and I was back at work in 5 to 6 weeks. You may be back in two weeks! Don't worry, It won't be too bad. Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if having the oral surgeon surgically expand your palate is so minor why do I have to stay in the hospital for 1 night?

    I will change my vacation schedule at work.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete