Tuesday, September 15, 2009

18 hours Post Op

It has been 18 hours since my surgery. Everything went well. I have am not groggy but I am very sleepy. My surgery was scheduled for 1:00pm but it was 3 hours late which meant that I did not eat or drink from 11:40 pm Sept 13 until 6:00 pm Sept 14. I am now on a liquids only diet for the next week.
Last night sucked. My husband is really trying but he wanted to wait 6 hours instead of 4 to give me my first dose of drugs at home; that hurt. I don't have to take then every 4 hours but my body wakes me out of my sleep promptly when it is time. I have some swelling and can't close my mouth all the way. I feel a lot of pressure in my sinuses when I swallow or have my eye glasses on as I do to write this blog. I should be able to go back to work in 5 days which is really fast. I booked 2 weeks off but am thinking of returning on Monday to work. I like having my vacations 1 week at a time and since I don't get sick leave this is cutting into my vacation.

I can't wait to be able to sleep on my side. I was so tired from sleeping on my back that I chose to sleep on the couch for a couple of hours.

well my head is starting to hurt so I will go.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment